[darcs-devel] darcs query --help

Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Sat Oct 7 03:16:02 PDT 2006

On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 05:59:57PM -0400, Dino Morelli wrote:
> I wrote a Perl script for tests/ to perform --help on all darcs commands
> and came upon this:
>
>    $ darcs query --help
>
>    darcs failed:  Invalid subcommand!
[...]
> Is it correct that this one generates the 'darcs failed: Invalid
> subcommand!' output when we're asking it for usage info like this?

No, this must be a bug. It should give the same output as 'darcs
help query'.

Hm, there is a version line in the 'darcs help <cmd>' output,
but not in the 'darcs <cmd> --help' output. Whether this is a
deliberate difference or not, the line seems to be missing a
space between the word 'version' and the version (also a bug).