[darcs-devel] get_long_option (was: Greetings..)

Eric Y. Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 11:49:30 PDT 2006

This might be redundant with Tommy's reply, but...

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 23:04:00 -0400, Dino Morelli wrote:
> If that's what 161 is, I don't think I'm even remotely up for it yet
> without learning how a lot of things work first. Sorry, Eric, but sounds
> scary.

Issue161 probably does not involve dealing with scary things; it should
just be UI stuff (that's generally what I mark as ProbablyEasy).

As Tommy suggests, you could probably look to see how Record does it and
refactor the code as needed.  You'd also want to look into
DarcsArguments to see how we deal with --switches [for educational
purposes only, you might also at DarcsFlags and DarcsCommand].

Lastly, I wouldn't worry too much about getting things wrong.  Darcs has
a few layers of defense: regression testing, patch review, unstable
branch testing, stable branch testing, various release candidates and in
the worst case, bug reports.

In any case, no pressure :-)  Just keep hacking on things at your
leisure.

--
Eric Kow                     http://www.loria.fr/~kow
PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9         Merci de corriger mon français.