[darcs-devel] mailing list woes

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Wed Oct 18 09:24:11 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I just thought I'd let you know what the mailing list situation is, since
some of you are having trouble accessing the list.  For some reason the
virtual machine that darcs.net is running on has started running out of
memory.  I'm not sure why this is.  It may have to do with the RT and
roundup activity Eric's been doing, or it could be related to some large
bug reports we've gotten, or possibly even my spam checker (dbacl).  I
don't know.  But in any case, things have been dying for lack of memory,
and when I kill all the old processes, after a while they die again.  I'm
not sure how to debug this problem, and I certainly don't have time.  So
please be patient.  I'll restart mailman and exim when I've got time, but
for the moment that's all that's likely to happen unless someone (who I
trust enough to give access) steps up.  When I do have time, I'd like to
migrate over to a machine I have complete control over here at my new job.
But alas, teaching graduate electrodynamics isn't as easy as one might
think...
Dept. of Physics
Oregon State University