[darcs-devel] [issue260] Feature request: specify which compressor to use for darcs dist

Sébastien Hinderer bugs at darcs.net
Wed Sep 6 06:07:13 PDT 2006

New submission from =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=E9bastien?= Hinderer <Sebastien.Hinderer at loria.fr>:

Dear darcs developers,

It might be useful to let the user specify which compressor she wants to
use to build a tarball when using darcs dist.
This would let one use bzip2 in stead ofthe default gzip, for instance.

Moreover, the interface to this functionality could be done in a way
flexible enough to let the user also specify options to give to
the compress)r, etc. I think darcs already includes such flexible ways
of calling commands like diff or sendmail, so my guess would be that it
shouldn't be too difficult to implement the feature in a similar way, if
this feature interests somebody else, of course.

Cheers,
Sébastien.

nosy: Sebastien.Hinderer, droundy, tommy
status: unread
title: Feature request: specify which compressor to use for darcs dist