[darcs-devel] darcs patch: whatsnew --look-for-adds doesn't read unadded files (f...

Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Fri Sep 8 16:45:28 PDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 10:26:07AM -0700, Jason Dagit wrote:
> Fri Sep  8 10:09:47 PDT 2006  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
>   * whatsnew --look-for-adds doesn't read unadded files (fix for issue79)
>   Changes darcs whatsnew --look-for-adds to by default stop computing the patch
>   for a while when it realizes the file is not managed by darcs.  This matches
>   the default of summary mode.  Changes were required in the commands:
>     amend-record, apply, diff, pull, record, resolve.
>   A change was needed for each because they use get_unrecorded which was modified
>   so that it would pass on the necessary information to smart_diff so that it
>   would know when to skip reading file contents.

I've reviewed this patch and tested it slightly, and I think it
looks good.

But I don't understand the NoSummary business. I found an old
message on the list about some short-circuit strategy -- that
this is to prevent other changes from accidently turning this
pruning off, but I'm not sure how it works. I tried to simply
revert all the NoSummary-s from amend-record, apply, et al., and
everything continued to work.