[darcs-devel] Logging

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Mon Sep 11 10:06:18 PDT 2006

On 9/11/06, Juliusz Chroboczek <Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr> wrote:
> > What do people think?
>
> What actual problem are you trying to solve?

To quote myself:

I was working on the darcs source today and I realized that in a lot
of ways the current logging output is poor.  Mostly we don't have
enough of it.

And:

I think having different levels of verbosity gives us a lot more
freedom to 'log everything' and then control how much we're seeing.

Basically, I want to make logging unified and flexible so that I (or
anyone else that wants to) can go through the code and add lots of
output.  Of course as soon as darcs starts being very verbose, someone
will find it too verbose.  That's where the levels of control come
into play.

Jason