[darcs-devel] darcs patch: clean up unrevert and pending handling. (and 5 more)

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Thu Sep 28 14:56:49 PDT 2006

On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 11:41:30PM +0200, Eric Y. Kow wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 10:56:34 -0700, David Roundy wrote:
> > Sun Sep 17 14:41:36 PDT 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
> >   * clean up unrevert and pending handling.
>
> There's a slight problem with this patch.  Having DarcsUtils import Exec
> creates a circular dependency when combined with Tommy's exec stuff (he
> uses impossible.h, which uses bug from DarcsUtils).
>
> What do you recommend?  Moving bug to something "lower"? Moving the
> edit_file and view_file actions to another module?  In any case, I'm
> taking Tommy's patch and waiting for your response.

Yeah, moving bug sounds reasonable to me.  DarcsUtils is a bit of an
odd grab-bag, I'm afraid.  Moving bug to a Bug module I think would be
prettiest, as it's really a pretty unique (and uniquely ubiquitous)
function.

> Otherwise, minor complaint: I would have found the patch easier to
> understand if you have split the pending refactor from the other
> cleanups (e.g. the edit_file and view_file stuff).  Not asking you to
> amend the patch or anything :-), just being picky (*)

Sorry about that.  A bunch of patches got merged together into one,
when I discovered that I'd accidentally done important work (involving
amend-record, unfortunately) in two distinct branches, and had to
reconcile (and then debug) them a month later, when I had little
recollection of what I'd actually done.  :( This is what I was working
on while I wasn't listening to your talk...  :)