[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Allow escaped quotes in `quoted' for mat... (and 1 more)

Eric Y. Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 23:00:16 PDT 2007

> Here's a much-delayed (sorry) response to
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.darcs.devel/4913/.
> I'm not sure to what extent I've satisfied the issues concerning the
> doc.

Thanks for this, especially for putting up with the nitpicking.  It's
going in.

Darcs devels might consider having a look in case this breaks matching
for you in any way.

Basically, you can now use
 \"
to match a double quote within a quoted --match, for example
 --match 'name "foo \"inside\" bar"'

The caveat is that if you put down a literal backslash, it must either
be itself escaped or be followed by any other character than '\' or '"'

--
Eric Kow                     http://www.loria.fr/~kow
PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9         Merci de corriger mon français.