[darcs-devel] darcs patch: remove unused export from RepoFormat. (and 1 more)

Eric Y. Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 12:04:23 PDT 2007

On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 08:43:35 -0700, David Roundy wrote:
> amend-record).  I think it's really cool! (And a good reason to start
> seriously thinking about testing and switching over to the indexed format.

Only in unstable, I presume...

>   This change makes it so we can handle a configured set of URLs for patch
>   origins.  See the description in the Prefs.lhs documentation for details.
>   In addition, I've added a new --ephemeral option, which allows the user to
>   create repositories without any patch files at all (which seems a bit
>   scary, but potentially handy).

These look quite nice!  Partial leapfrogging works much more solidly now
that we have the notion of unwritable caches.

Users might be interested that you can also have a writable global patch
cache living in
  ~/.darcs/cache
If I'm reading the code right, you just tack on a line to your
_darcs/prefs/sources:
  /home/bob/.darcs/cache
It makes darcs repositories a little less self-contained, but hey, if
you really want self-contained, don't use --partial.

Note:
  We've lost the ability to 'convert' an old fashioned inventory repo by
  just doing darcs get --hashed-inventory

  It now complains with "TODO: still need to implement copying of mixed
  inventories." I'm guessing that this is because we now do a
  copyInventory in copyFullRepository

  For now, we can get by with darcs init --hashed-inventory and pull but
  it would be nice to have that working :-)
  Would a darcs optimize --modernize-inventory be in order, perhaps?

>  copyPartialRepository :: Repository -> IO PorNP
>  copyPartialRepository fromrepository@(Repo repodir opts _ _) = do
> hunk ./src/Darcs/Repository.lhs 127
>      Nothing -> do putStrLn "No checkpoint."
>                    return NotPartial
>      Just ch ->
> -        do write_checkpoint_patch ch
> +      do copyInventory fromrepository
> +         withRepoLock opts $ \torepository -> do
> +           write_checkpoint_patch ch
>             copyInventory fromrepository

do we still want that second copyInventory?

--
Eric Kow                     http://www.loria.fr/~kow
PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9         Merci de corriger mon français.