[darcs-devel] [issue434] Darcs grief: Issue 274

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Sun Apr 22 07:45:19 PDT 2007

On Sat, Apr 21, 2007 at 05:56:41PM -0400, Max Battcher wrote:
> In some cases you can use local Operating System components to deal with
> that.  For instance, NTFS on Windows Vista supports transactions.  Having
> to optimize for every potential file system and operating system could be
> a hassle.

This would definitely be an option if someone were to write a library to
abstract over transactional filesystems.  Reiser4 also has transactions.
But it doesn't seem worth putting much effort into transactions when such a
small minority of users will be affected.  Although, if someone wanted to
create such a module, it would definitely be appreciated... although we'd
want to be sure not to use it as a bandaid over bugs.
http://www.darcs.net