[darcs-devel] crap in pending after Optimize --reorder

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Fri Aug 3 18:08:12 PDT 2007

On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 08:45:06PM +0200, Eric Y. Kow wrote:
> :-( !
>
> That's odd.  I tried to reproduce it with my build of stable, but
> didn't manage to do so.

You should see it if you run optimize --reorder twice (or maybe three
times).  This causes an alternation between different states.

> >   darcs get darcs-unstable foo
> >   cd foo
> >   darcs optimize --reorder
> >   darcs whatsnew
>
> Maybe a binary search through the patches (unpull half and see
> what happens?).  I'd suggest trackdown, but it seems like that
> would take forever to do if we're using unstable to reproduce
> this... unless you can figure out a minimal test for it.

I think this should be relatively easy (for me) and I'll try to tackle it
Monday, if I can (no internet connection at home just now).

I also see that tentative_pristine really ought to have
flatten_to_primitives called on the patches that go into it...
Department of Physics
Oregon State University