[darcs-devel] darcs patch: minor code cleanup. (and 5 more)

Eric Y. Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 18:41:28 UTC 2007

Hi David,

Most of these look ok and are going in, except...

> Mon Aug  6 16:09:27 PDT 2007  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
>   * refactor to expand is_identity and use it to encapsulate "identitiness"

that I'm not sure I understand this one.

> +sort_coalesce_composite (x:>:xs) | IsEq <- is_identity x = sort_coalesce_composite xs

Does this make sort_coalesce_composite do new things?

> -coalesceFilePatch _ (AddFile :< RmFile)
> -    = Just unsafeIdentity

Is this intentional?  If I understand correctly, the code said that
removing a file and re-adding it cancels itself out.  Does it no
longer do that, or is it somehow implicit from the changes to the
sort_coalesce_composite code?

> -canonizeHunk _ _ o n | o == n = unsafeIdentity

Here it seems clearer that the effect is the same because of the
is_identity code added to canonize

Anyway, I guess it's good that you're making me look at this code.  Each
time I get a little less scared... (just a little)

--
Eric Kow                     http://www.loria.fr/~kow
PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9         Merci de corriger mon français.