[darcs-devel] darcs patch: add test for --no-deps (and 1 more)

Eric Y. Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 20:54:48 UTC 2007

Thanks, Tommy!

These are going in.  Some comments, though.

> +$DARCS obliterate -a -p '[ag]' --no-deps
> +# in "top" tmp repo -- destroys it!
> +$DARCS unrecord -a -p '[ag]' --no-deps

It could be useful to harden this, either by avoiding -a (echo yy?) or
by making the patch names less matchable.  I always get nervous using
obliterate --all in my test scripts because of running under the current
darcs directory (I make so many mistakes which involve not cd'ing into
the temp repo...)

> +These options can be slow if the list of patches to match is long, which
> +can happen if \verb!--from! or \verb!--last! is used. The latter options
> +can of course be used to \emph{shorten} the list too, if it is long by
> +default.

Perhaps worth simplifying and focusing this a bit.  Maybe something
like...

These options can be slow if the list of patches to match is long (for
example, if you combine it with \verb!--from! or \verb!--last! to match
past the last tag)

--
Eric Kow                     http://www.loria.fr/~kow
PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9         Merci de corriger mon français.