[darcs-devel] Building darcs 1.0.9 on PPC with ghc 6.8.1

Jeremy Hinegardner jeremy at hinegardner.org
Sun Dec 2 04:32:45 UTC 2007

On Sat, Dec 01, 2007 at 08:43:50PM -0700, Jeremy Hinegardner wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 01, 2007 at 05:36:26PM -0500, David Roundy wrote:
> > Sorry about that, I forgot these had been split later.  You could just
> > comment out the perl scripts in the makefile (or even just run
> >
> > rm tests/*.pl
> >
> > before running make check).
>
> > > I don't have direct access to a PPC machine right now to investigate
> > > this directly, I can just submit the build requests to the fedora build
> > > system.
> >
> > Oh, that's awkward.  :( Perhaps someone with a PPC machine could run some
> > tests for you?
>
> I managed to get access to a PPC machine to test out the build and
> here's the results:
>
>     http://jjh.fedorapeople.org/darcs/rawhide-testing/darcs-1.0.9_ghc-6.8.1_make-check.txt
>
> Let me know if there is any other information you need.

I went ahead and ran the darcs unstable as of tonight on a PPC box and
this also had some failures.

    http://jjh.fedorapeople.org/darcs/rawhide-testing/darcs-unstable_ghc-6.8.1_make-test_scripts.txt

All the tests that failed were those from 1.0.9 plus some more.

    unrevert.sh
    unpull.sh               => also failed in 1.0.9
    several_commands.sh     => also failed in 1.0.9
    revert_interactive.sh   => also failed in 1.0.9
    replace.sh
    obliterate.sh           => also failed in 1.0.9
    mv.sh                   => also failed in 1.0.9
    hashed_inventory.sh

If this is something to post into the bug tracker, just let me know.

enjoy,

-jeremy

 Jeremy Hinegardner                              jeremy at hinegardner.org