[darcs-devel] [issue568] wrong report of "Skipped 6 patches due to dependencies"

Eric Y. Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 11:58:58 UTC 2007

On Thu, Dec 06, 2007 at 00:11:50 -0000, David Roundy wrote:
> When recording, the new code that announces that patches are skipped due to
> dependencies sometimes gives false positives.  To reproduce this, make
> several independent changes to a file, run an interactive record and hit
> 'f' on the first change.  This should select all the changes, and does, but
> you get a confusing message claiming some changes have been skipped due to
> dependencies.

Hmm, that is indeed confusing.  Is it just the messages that are at
fault or is there a deeper rework of the code needed.  I am guessing
that what we really need are 4 different messages:

- Skipping the next N patches as requested
- Skipping the next N patches due to dependencies
- Taking the next N patches as requested
- Taking the next N patches due to dependencies

--
Eric Kow                     http://www.loria.fr/~kow
PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9         Merci de corriger mon français.