[darcs-devel] Any answers for IsiSetup's concerns?

Ferenc Wagner wferi at niif.hu
Tue Dec 11 15:30:03 UTC 2007

Hi,

I guess at least some of you have already read
http://www.isisetup.ch/wiki/IsiSetupRevisionControl, which describes
why IsiSetup moved away from using Darcs while its source is still
being managed by Darcs.  A very good perspective in my opinion.

Now I wonder (possibly in lights of the upcoming Darcs 2) what answers
the Darcs community has for the raised concerns.  I'm not too
interested in performance (except for exponential complexity) but
rather in "merge capabilities" (what's that, anyway?) and managing
links and permissions (though metastore can arguably help with that).

I've skimmed http://wiki.darcs.net/DarcsWiki/ConflictsFAQ, feel free
to point out other useful sources of information.
--
Thanks,
Feri.