[darcs-devel] Any answers for IsiSetup's concerns?

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Wed Dec 12 15:59:18 UTC 2007

On Dec 12, 2007, at 4:15 AM, David Roundy wrote:

> I've written on many occasions, pointing out that I don't think that
> management of permissions would be a good idea, with the sole
> exception of the execute bit.  The reason is that in general, each
> copy of a repository has different requirements for their permissions.

Do you think that this is analogous to two different repositories
containing source code having different requirements for the source
code?

For example, there might be one repository that requires a certain
patch or set of patches and another that requires excluding that set,
even though the two repositories exchange other patches not in that set.

This is often requested by users on the darcs mailing list, I've
noticed.

If darcs supported that kind of workflow easily, would such support
also apply to management of permission bits?

Regards,

Zooko