[darcs-devel] announcing darcs 2.0.0pre1, the first prerelease for darcs 2

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Thu Dec 13 15:40:33 UTC 2007

On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 09:50:50AM +0000, Simon Marlow wrote:
> Simon Marlow wrote:
> >David Roundy wrote:
> >>Yikes! That's actually a very surprising bug.  I'd be interested in
> >>hearing if it shows up if you run a darcs2 optimize first? Either way,
> >>of course, it's a serious bug, but that'd give a hint where the
> >>trouble is.
> >
> >darcs2 check has nearly finished... yup, the repository is consistent.
> >
> >Trying optimise now...
>
> darcs2 optimize was killed by the OS after 5 minutes for using up all my
> memory :-(

Okay, that hints that the problem may be read_repo being insufficiently
lazy (that being the main common function between changes and optimize).
This is odd, because darcs check uses read_repo also.  :( My computer's
back up (bad fan, which has a temporary replacement), so I'll see if I can
track this down today.  Hopefully having my computer up for more than a few
hours at a time will help...
--
David Roundy
Department of Physics