[darcs-devel] test record

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Sat Dec 15 19:19:02 UTC 2007

On Sat, Dec 15, 2007 at 05:43:25PM +0100, Wagner Ferenc wrote:
> Wagner Ferenc <wferi at niif.hu> writes:
>
> > Wouldn't it be better if the test command were run before record asks
> > for the patch name and description?  That would mean less lost typing
> > in case of a test failure.  I know about --logfile, but that only
> > helps if one anticipates the test failure.
>
> If that's not viable, my next wish would be stashing away the data on
> test failure, so that I can use --logfile for the next record.  Or
> something similar, which deletes the file if the record was
> successful.  (Please don't get me wrong: I'm willing to implement
> something like this, but prefer to do some research first.)

I think darcs does something like this already, at least if you enter in a
long comment.  I'd call this distinctly better than running the tests
before asking about the patch info, since often by the time the tests have
completed, I no longer remember what change I was recording.
Department of Physics
Oregon State University