[darcs-devel] [issue571] Build error in darcs-unstable on Mac OS X 10.4.11

Keith Browne bugs at darcs.net
Mon Dec 17 15:49:09 UTC 2007

New submission from Keith Browne <tuxedo at funkrehab.com>:

I'm getting a build error with the latest darcs-unstable tree on my Mac
OS X 10.4.11 (Intel) machine:

[ghc] src/Darcs/External.o

/tmp/ghc26955_0/ghc26955_0.hc:6:20:
      error: termio.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [src/Darcs/External.o] Error 1

Earlier, the configure step gives this output:

checking termio.h usability... no
checking termio.h presence... no
checking for termio.h... no

but it looks like the build is still expecting to find termio.h on the
system.

I'm able to work around the issue by editing GNUmakefile:

ifeq ($(HAVE_TERMIO_H),True)
# This termio bit is a grim hack for Solaris 10 (at least).
# Without it, SGTTY isn't declared.  Something in the ghc C headers
# which get included before term.h in the generated C is clobbering
# it.  (If you edit that C and put the curses.h and term.h first, the
# error goes away.)
GHCFLAGS_src__Darcs__External.o += '-\#include <termio.h>'
endif

After removing this section of the makefile, I'm able to complete the build.

Keith Browne
tuxedo at funkrehab.com

nosy: beschmi, droundy, kowey, tommy, tuxedo
status: unread
title: Build error in darcs-unstable on Mac OS X 10.4.11