[darcs-devel] faster darcs whatsnew

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Mon Dec 17 23:53:06 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I've just pushed a change that should make darcs whatsnew as fast with
darcs 2 on hashed repositories as it is with darcs 1.  If you could try
this out on your large repositories, that would be great!

Incidentally, I went with the "sloppy" approach, which means that if you
use a cache and have multiple copies of the same repository, this
optimization may not work so well for both of your repositories that share
contents of their pristine cache.  I doubt this will be a bit issue, but
it's something to keep in mind (and to complain about, if you anticipate it
causing trouble).
Department of Physics
Oregon State University