[darcs-devel] updating from older "unstable"

quick at sparq.org quick at sparq.org
Tue Dec 18 03:49:17 UTC 2007

Forwarding as this may be of interest to other "unstable" folks.  ;-)

Glad to see the progress, just wanted to make sure this was intentional
progress and not unintentional problems.

Thanks,
  KQ

----- Forwarded message from David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net> -----
    Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 18:25:32 -0500
    From: David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>

The problem is that I changed the format of the hashed repositories.  You
need to use an older darcs to convert to an old-fashioned repository, and
then you can use a version of darcs 2 to convert back to the --hashed
format.  But you might want to wait a bit before doing so (or at least keep
an up-to-date version in the old-fashioned format, because I may need to
change the format yet again.

Sorry for the inconvenience! (but the change was definitely for the better,
and would have been hard to manage in a backwards-compatible way)

David