[darcs-devel] announcing darcs 2.0.0pre1, the first prerelease for darcs 2

Dmitry Kurochkin dmitry.kurochkin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 01:27:41 UTC 2007

After looking at this a bit more it does not look so good to me.

I thought that darcs uses a new TCP connection for each patch. But
wireshark shows that it uses persistent connection already.
So there is no TCP handshake overhead.

Pipelining is sending multiple requests without waiting for response.
This would give some benefit but I am not sure it worth the price of
moving to cURL multi interface.

I think I will write a script which grabs darcs repo using cURL with
just persistent connection and with pipelining. And depending on
results we can decide what to do.

Regards,
  Dmitry