[darcs-devel] announcing darcs 2.0.0pre1, the first prerelease for darcs 2

Dmitry Kurochkin dmitry.kurochkin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 15:15:45 UTC 2007

2007/12/18, Peter Lund <firefly at vax64.dk>:
> On Mon, 2007-12-17 at 21:42 -0800, Stefan O'Rear wrote:
>
> > > Neon is GPL and is used as the basis for HTTP support in gnome-vfs and
> > > Nautilus, the file manager in Gnome. It supports WebDAV, TLS, cookies,
> > > connection keep-alive, and transfer compression.  I think it only needs
> > > its arms twisted a little bit to also support pipelining.
> >
> > Connection keep-alive and pipelining are (mostly) the same thing.
>
> Err... yes?
>
> Your point being?
I would say no. But that depends on what you mean by mostly :)
My recent test shows that performance is substantially different
between the two.
Besides, darcs already uses persistent connection (if possible). So if
there is no
benefit in pipeline over persistent connection, than there is nothing to
change here in darcs :)

Regards,
  Dmitry