[darcs-devel] Any answers for IsiSetup's concerns?

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Thu Dec 20 12:05:51 UTC 2007

On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 06:50:08AM -0500, David Roundy wrote:
> This sounds elegant, but would require that darcs implement a database of
> flags.  Which would be all right if a new developer were to write it, but
> seems like a waste of time for an existing developer, since the only
> existing use for it (the executable bit) would be much easier to implement
> directly.

Oh, I was thinking darcs would in general not try to interpret the flags
at all. there would be a

darcs query flags foo.c

that will spit out all the flags for that file and it would be up to a
posthook or something to interpret them (or darcs can for certain ones.
like 'execute').

It just seems to me that if you are going to add new

add execute flag to foo.c
and
remove execute flag from foo.c

primitive patches, then it wouldn't be much harder to let 'execute' be
some arbitrary string..

though, perhaps I am misunderstanding what you are saying or how these
patches would work?

        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈