[darcs-devel] Any answers for IsiSetup's concerns?

Nicolas Pouillard nicolas.pouillard at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 13:04:42 UTC 2007

Excerpts from David Roundy's message of Thu Dec 20 13:10:44 +0100 2007:
> On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 06:53:07PM +0000, Ian Lynagh wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 12:14:15PM -0500, David Roundy wrote:

[...]

> Perhaps what we really need is someone to develop a simple posthook script
> to manage a permissions database.  There are lots of nice programming
> languages in the world in which one could write a very short script that
> implemented all of this functionality *outside of darcs*.  Darcs is good at
> managing files, such as simple text file databases, and I don't see the
> benefit is in putting all this complexity into darcs itself.

I  think that having this database is not really easy, the format of this file
should  be  smart  enough  to  don't  get into conflicts problems when merging
different  patches  that have altered the database. And if it's not a file but
a  directory, then you need as many files in this directory as files that have
a  special  permission.  This later approach seems feasible but will involve a
lot of small files.

--
Nicolas Pouillard aka Ertai