[darcs-devel] Any answers for IsiSetup's concerns?

Ferenc Wagner wferi at niif.hu
Thu Dec 20 14:58:03 UTC 2007

David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net> writes:

> On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 07:09:55PM +0100, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
>
>> Now what's this bussiness about "merge capabilities"?  Do you know
>> what's missing, how's git or anything else better?
>
> I'm not sure what they mean by that, but I'd guess that it's what darcs 2
> addresses.

What do you mean?  I always wondered why others talk about star,
octopus, zig-zag, etc. merges, while the Darcs docs doesn't mention
anything like that.  I'm mostly ignorant of this topic, and don't
expect you to go into a lengthy discussion, but some pointers
(especially with Darcs 2 references) would be welcome.
--
Thanks,
Feri.