[darcs-devel] [issue381] darcs send -o message --edit-description doesn't work

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Tue Jan 9 14:54:17 PST 2007

On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 10:17:38PM +0100, Marnix Klooster wrote:
> On 09-01-07 13:33, Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva wrote:
>
> >darcs send -o message --edit-description doesn't open text editor and ask
> >for a
> >description. It works as if --edit-description was not specified. darcs
> >--edit-description works fine.
>
> I'm not sure whether or not --output + --edit-description should call an
> editor or not.  If not, then this combination should give an error
> message.  But it seems ok to allow opening an editor in this case.

I suspect we don't open the editor because normally the --output option
doesn't format the output as an email (and this is probably an unintended
side-effect), but I think we ought to do so.  Not format it as an email,
but format it like we format the email (i.e. add a description at top).

> Assuming that we want to call the editor, attached is a patch that adds
> a (currently failing) test for this scenario.

Thanks for the patch!
Department of Physics
Oregon State University