[darcs-devel] darcs patch: (add a + mv a b = add b) and (mv a b + remove b = remo...

Eric Y. Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 12:27:34 PST 2007

On Sun, Jan 14, 2007 at 08:40:14 -0800, David Roundy wrote:
> I'd prefer if you (or someone
> else) could double-check this, to be sure that the commute or merge of a
> merger is not affected by coalesce.  If I can get confirmation on that,
> I'll give the green light for this change.  Perhaps the easiest way is to
> chop out the code for coalese from this file, and see if we can still
> compile commute (except for commute_split, which I believe is okay).

I commented out coalesce and the things which depended on it.  The
casualties:

  commute_split
  unravel
  merger_equivalent
  reorder_and_coalesce (used in Repository.get_unrecorded)
  canonize             (used in AmendRecord and Diff)
  try_to_shrink        (used in DarcsRepo.sift_for_pending)

Are you sure this is ok? (Sorry for the delays, Malebria)

--
Eric Kow                     http://www.loria.fr/~kow
PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9         Merci de corriger mon français.