[darcs-devel] darcs patch: add test for replace that messes with un... (and 3 more)

Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Sun Jan 28 11:59:54 PST 2007

On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 07:43:12PM +0100, Eric Y. Kow wrote:
> > Thu Jan 25 07:38:03 PST 2007  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
> >   * add test for replace that messes with unrecorded hunks
>
> > echo "x" > foo
> > darcs rec -am x
> > echo "y" > foo
> > darcs replace x y foo
> >
> > # this fails
> > echo "hej" > foo
> > darcs rec -am hej
> > echo "hopp" > foo
> > darcs replace hej hopp foo
>
> Thanks for the test!
>
> If I'm reading this right, these are the same test but just repeated so
> that we can slip into the condition where it fails, right?

I didn't think about --ignore-times when I wrote the test. I
expected the first replace to fail, and when it didn't and I
finally succeeded in getting a failure by adding a second
replace I just left everything in because I figured it would
increase the probability of catching bugs. :-) Now when I
understand more what was happening I think the test (at least
the comments) should be updated.

Btw, if the opts Repository refactoring patch is going to be
amended, there are some fixes for list_authors and
make_changelog I sent in another patch that are better
incorporated in the refactoring patch itself, possibly in
another way if passing [] to identifyRepository is abandoned.