[darcs-devel] nolinks argument

Eric Y. Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 11:17:46 PDT 2007

> I don't think this is quite right.  The idea is that neither
> copyFileOrUrl nor cloneFileOrUrl would require [DarcsFlag].
> Consequently, we would not have to modify functions like fetchFilePS.
> It would be up to copy_repo_patches to decide when to use one or
> the other.

For what it's worth, one potential argument against my proposal is that
it now shifts the burden of responsability of figuring out whether we
want linking or not to higher level code.   This might make it more
annoying, for instance, to implement push/pull with links

--
Eric Kow                     http://www.loria.fr/~kow
PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9         Merci de corriger mon français.