[darcs-devel] the straw that broke the camel's back

Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Fri Jul 13 01:17:55 PDT 2007

On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 06:59:50PM -0700, Jason Dagit wrote:
> Mergers and conflictors are deprecated.  If you want to understand
> patch theory better, search through darcs-devel for threads I've been
> in on the last few months.  An unofficial goal of my masters thesis is
> to make patch theory more accessible by explaining it in detail.  If
> you try to read what I've written and give me feedback that would be
> very valuable.

Yesterday I worked my way through unread darcs emails,
particularly the gadt things and your activation and
cancellation things, and during the night I dreamt about
conflicting patches. I saw patches inverting to cancel out
conflicting changes, losing and keeping track of their conflict
history, passing through chains of conflicting parallel
branches... that one was worrisome. :-)