[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Harmonise capitalisation (etc) in flags ... (and 25 more)

Eric Y. Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 12:58:43 PDT 2007

Yay, thanks Tommy!

All going in, except for the GUI stuff.

> > Sun Jul 15 13:03:24 CEST 2007  Eric Kow <eric.kow at loria.fr>
> >   * Remove GUI code and stuff to build it.

I might just wait till David gets back to see what he thinks.

> > Tue Jul 17 00:56:35 CEST 2007  Eric Kow <eric.kow at loria.fr>
> >   * Rename resolve to mark-conflicts (issue113).
>
> This will require updating of tests/missed_resolution.pl (if you
> haven't noticed so yet).

I'm going to sneak a test suite tweak into unstable.  It's minor enough.
I had been using --no-test and well, you get what you pay for.

> > Wed Jul 18 22:47:03 CEST 2007  Eric Kow <eric.kow at loria.fr>
> >   * Rename query to list; manifest to files.
>
> Looks fine (pending naming decisions aside).

Ok.  Although if nobody else says anything on darcs-users, I think I
kinda want to change it (again!) to 'show' with list/query as aliases.

> Is it possible to find this difference with the help command? I
> think not, but I may be missing it right under my nose.

No. Only one of them is listed for now, by the way.  Manifest is
hidden for now.

> Also, I think in the help messages we should say 'list' (or
> 'show', or whatever) instead of 'query information',
> to reinforce the command name association.

Yes.

> I want to pull all these patches (except 'remove GUI') to
> darcs-stable when we decide on the namings. To do this I had to
> pull David's 'rewrite --lazy' patch in, and with that a bunch of
> other hashed repo patches to keep things together, but I can't
> pull the gadt stuff and still be GHC 6.4 compatible.

At first, I was going to point out that the patches might just compile
with 6.4.2 (don't know).  But then I got to thinking that if somebody
has 6.4.1, it seems like they would find it kind of pointless to upgrade
just to 6.4.2 anyway, yet they would still prefer not making the 6.6
leap if they can avoid it.  So yeah.

--
Eric Kow                     http://www.loria.fr/~kow
PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9         Merci de corriger mon français.