[darcs-devel] Relative repository paths

Zachary P. Landau kapheine at divineinvasion.net
Mon Jul 23 18:30:07 PDT 2007

Note: I'm switching the topic, because I think at this point is only
marginally related to issue427.  If someone disagrees, feel free to
continue replying with the old subject.

>   darcs changes --repo ../here :src/foo.c

I think that syntax could be a bit useful, but I'm not sure if it is a
good idea.  It's non-standard, and most people probably won't know it
even exists.

I guess my bigger question is: what are we trying to solve?  It seems to
me that the purpose is to handle cases like this:

    $ ls
    somerepo/
    $ darcs add --repo=somerepo src/foo.c

That is to say, it lets you pretend you are in the repodir you specified
with --repo.  But to me as a user, I wouldn't expect that behavior.  I'd
think of it more as a regular filesystem.  If I wasn't in repodir, I
would expect to have to type the path.  In the above case, I would type
"darcs add --repo=somerepo somerepo/src/foo.c".

Is there some other purpose to this behavior?

> Am I on to something or just on something? ;-)

Can't it be both?

--
Zachary P. Landau <kapheine at divineinvasion.net>
GPG: gpg --recv-key 0xC9F82052 | http://divineinvasion.net/kapheine.asc