[darcs-devel] Filesystem in DB, but data in filesystem

Eric Y. Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 09:57:26 PDT 2007

On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 14:52:59 +0200, Salvatore Insalaco wrote:
> This is maybe not as bulletproof as the checksum solution, but it
> could work, and it is O(1) on file length.

Well, I would feel more comfortable with bulletproof, but that's just me
ignoring how much things cost.

Speaking of which, I was thinking about made up file names and flat
hierarchies: if we're just going with a simple text file, couldn't we
retain directory structure?  The reason would simply that dir mvs could
go a lot faster.

--
Eric Kow                     http://www.loria.fr/~kow
PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9         Merci de corriger mon français.