[darcs-devel] Filesystem in DB, but data in filesystem

Eric Y. Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 13:17:38 PDT 2007

> Indeed.  I think that having pristine be case-insensitive here is the
> important part because it's more "critical" to Darcs.  Pristine
> collisions can be a lot more impacting than working copy collisions.

Just jumping on the robust-pristine train.  Another issue is that
Windows also disallows certain filenames like COM1 through COM9.

> What about adding a "case-insensitive name" field (in addition to
> "canonical name", and "pristine name") to the pristine index?  So on
> Unix you might have "Makefile" and "makefile" as the canonical names
> (referred to pristine names like 1.dat or 233.dat) and then add in
> case-insensitive names "makefile" and "Makefile1".

A similar kind of scheme might help with the Windows tricky filename
issue.

--
Eric Kow                     http://www.loria.fr/~kow
PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9         Merci de corriger mon français.