[darcs-devel] Query: darcs replace patches causing issues?

Samuel A. Falvo II sam.falvo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 10:06:40 PDT 2007

I have two repositories for the same project, and I want to now merge
the parallel development lines.  So, I do this:

$ darcs get repo2 merged
$ cd merged
$ darcs pull -a ../repo1

This "ought" to work, except that it's taking bloody forever (this is
the first time I've ever encountered this behavior).  So, I decided to
do a bit of snooping.

$ rm -rf merged
$ darcs get repo2 merged
$ cd merged
$ darcs pull -v ../repo1
$ darcs pull -v ../repo1
...etc..

until I found a patch that caused darcs to go loopy.  The patch that
did so consists only of darcs replace records.

Has anyone experienced this before?  I will try to replicate the issue
with a bogus tree and see if I can't get the files to you somehow, for
investigation.

Thanks.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II