[darcs-devel] darcs patch: fix scp whitespace

Eric Y. Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 09:21:50 PDT 2007

> > > +                 tr ' ' = "\\ "

> > I'm a bit disturbed about adding this kind of stuff without having
> > some kind of justification.

> It's still posible to do a rollback if you want. My only worry is if
> the patch will break something, but I havn't found any indications
> that it would.

Well, I've pushed it in too.

Given our nervousness, I think it might be worthwhile to roll this back
for stable, and let Misha resubmit for unstable (on top of the
rollback).

Besides, I got a 'darcs: Couldn't read patch' error trying to darcs get
a remote repository with a space in its path, probably because you need
to have a similar change in copySSHs.  So this patch is by itself not
going to fix issue454.  I guess you'd have to change copySSHs so that
  input = cd++(unlines $ map ("get "++) ns)
becomes
  input = cd++(unlines $ map (\n -> "get "++ concatMap tr n) ns)

So I guess our choices are
 - just let it be          (minor risk of breakage, but issue454 not fixed)
 - fix copySSHs for stable (more risk of breakage, likely fix for issue454)
 - rollback the patch      (the conservative route)

I lean slightly towards #3

--
Eric Kow                     http://www.loria.fr/~kow
PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9         Merci de corriger mon français.