[darcs-devel] Darcs performance and stability

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Jun 12 03:29:24 PDT 2007

Samuel A. Falvo II writes:

 > http://git.or.cz/
 >
 > The box labels have changed.  To wit,

You're right.  That's new in 1.5, I guess.  (Although I would be very
suspicious after reading only the first screenful of "man git"!  Even
the title: "git -- the stupid content tracker".)

 > > git checkout master
 >
 > I've executed this command by hand at the shell after the commit, with
 > no effect except for it tell me it was "already" up to date.

Ah, OK.  I should have known that wasn't going to work.

#!/bin/sh
git checkout -f master

My point remains: git is very good at what it does.  If that is not
what *you* need, it's probably more pain than it's worth.