[darcs-devel] darcs patch - remove libcurl dependency

Justin Bailey jgbailey at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 16:35:13 PDT 2007

All,

Here's a patch which removes the dependency on libcurl. It has been
pretty thoroughly tested on Windows, and should work on other
platforms. I believe it's ready for inclusion - all tests passed.

This patch adds a dependency on the HTTP library, which is pure
Haskell and is available on Hackage at:

  http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/HTTP-3000.0.0

Proxy support requires the most recent version of the HTTP library, at:

  darcs get http://darcs.haskell.org/http/

Hopefully the author will upload the latest version to Hackage soon.

This patch does not do all that was requested in issue #377
(http://bugs.darcs.net/issue377), which is also intended to remove the
libcurl dependency, but its a step forward.

The changes summary is below and the patch file is attached. Let me
know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Justin

Wed Jun 13 16:15:58 Pacific Daylight Time 2007  jgbailey at gmail.com
  * Completed replacement of libcurl.

  libcurl is now entirely replaced. The new code supports
  proxies and basic authentication (for the proxy or remote
  repository) correctly.

Thu Jun  7 13:58:36 Pacific Daylight Time 2007  jgbailey at gmail.com
  * Removing libcurl dependency