[darcs-devel] darcs patch - remove libcurl dependency

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Thu Jun 14 13:52:08 PDT 2007

On 6/14/07, Eric Y. Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com> wrote:

> Would the loss of this functionality be acceptable if darcs had some
> kind of extra verbose mode, where it printed out all the patches it was
> trying to get? Or would calling wget still be useful/more flexible for
> other reasons?

I'm a huge fan of darcs being more verbose when it's needed.  I think
regardless of what happens with libcurl we should strive to have more
"debugging verbosity" in darcs.

> In any case, in light of the the ftp stuff (David's mail), I am now less
> inclined to accept this patch right away.

Also, what happens to all the special interaction people can currently
have with the way darcs does HTTP?  IIRC, right now you can pass
things such as proxy information to darcs via environment variables.
Would we still have that without libcurl and wget?

Jason