[darcs-devel] google SoC

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Tue Mar 6 15:04:50 PST 2007

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 05:58:38PM -0500, Zachary P. Landau wrote:

> > > I'll be glad to.
> >
> > It seems you're the only one to volunteer as a mentor.  Would you want
> > to (or be willing to) write up a proposal to google? Would you mentor
> > any of the other possible projects? If it's just this one extremely
> > specific project that we've got a mentor for, I doubt we'd be
> > accepted.  :(
>
> I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of us aren't stepping up because we
> don't feel qualified to mentor.  Even the experienced Haskellers
> probably don't feel comfortably knowledgable about Darcs internals.
>
> That being said, the Roundup one would be a nice thing for someone to
> mentor.  It doesn't require Haskell knowledge or Darcs internals
> knowledge.  I don't have much experience with either Python or Roundup,
> but maybe other people on this mailing list do?

I'm not certain how much experience the mentor would need.  For the roundup
project, I'd think that a good working knowledge of darcs (and an idea of
what one would like to do) would be adequate, and leave the roundup side of
things to the student.  But I'm not sure.
Department of Physics
Oregon State University