[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Rename --disable-ssh-cm to --no-ssh-cm. (and 2 more)

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Wed Mar 7 13:26:13 PST 2007

On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 09:53:52PM +0100, Tommy Pettersson wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 09:48:43PM +0100, Eric Kow wrote:
> > Tweaked as per David's suggestion (and helpful hint)
> >
> > Mon Mar  5 20:59:02 CET 2007  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
> >   * Rename --disable-ssh-cm to --no-ssh-cm.
> >
> >   This appears to be more consistent with other darcs flags.
> >

> > Mon Mar  5 21:07:52 CET 2007  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
> >   * Flip ssh test to accept a --ssh-cm argument
> >
> > Mon Mar  5 21:47:55 CET 2007  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
> >   * Add a --ssh-cm flag with --no-ssh-cm as the default.
>
> I would like to pull these into darcs-stable, but they depend on
> the following patches:
>
>   Sun Feb  4 19:13:01 CET 2007  Kevin Quick <quick at sparq.org>
>     * Added --complement to pull to allow "exclusion" repos
>
>   Tue Feb  6 07:52:36 CET 2007  Kevin Quick <quick at sparq.org>
>     * Add pull_compl test; note interesting duplicate repo elimination in docs.
>
>   Sun Feb 25 12:32:16 CET 2007  Dave Love <fx at gnu.org>
>     * Fix bash-ism `export foo=' in tests.
>
> and I don't want to pull any more features (like the complement
> feature) into darcs-stable before the 1.0.9 release. Is it
> possible to re-record the changes against darcs-stable instead?

I'd say that you can do that under your own initiative, and let Eric sort
out the conflict.  On the other hand, at least the bash-ism fix is safe, as
it's only in the test suite, and is also sort of an "obvious" fix by an
experienced developer (i.e. who knows shell).  But I suppose the bash-ism
fix itself depends on the patches that you don't want.

I'd myself be comfortable with the --complement patches going into
darcs-stable late, but I think that I'm more suited to -unstable branch
development, and your discomfort with major changes probably indicates the
wiser course.

> In case anyone has wondered; I have been extremely occupied
> lately, and will continue be so until at least end of April. I
> won't be able to do much for darcs until then, but I do will try
> to finish 1.0.9. I have a list of a few things that should be
> sorted out first: 1) error message when faced with a hashed
> repository 2) improved help text for Remove (work in progress,
> but stalled), and some kind of improvements for the ssh-problems
> (which I think these patches match).

Good to hear!
Department of Physics
Oregon State University