[darcs-devel] portability fixes for tests

Dave Love fx at gnu.org
Sun Mar 11 08:23:33 PST 2007

"Eric Y. Kow" <eric.kow at gmail.com> writes:

> Ack! Spoke too soon. I am also going to ask you to resubmit this patch
> because it makes the following tests fail on MacOS X.
>         perms.sh
>         posthook.sh
>         sametwice.sh
>
> I'm not clear on why you're using /usr/bin/test in some places and test
> (which is /bin/test on my Mac) in others.

Bother.  I only changed the instances which used flags that aren't
supported by sh's built-in test.  I think the tests will have to be
changed to do something else.  I'll take a look.  One possibility is
to have configure check for /bin/test v. /usr/bin/test, but perhaps
there's a neater possibility.