[darcs-devel] Re: patches accepted 2007-03-17

Eric Y. Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 10:56:16 PST 2007

On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 11:36:54 +0100, Simon Marlow wrote:
> If using System.Cmd makes a difference, then the right thing to do is to
> use System.Process in exec, because System.Cmd is just a thin wrapper
> around System.Process.

Hey Simon,

Is there any chance you might be willing to submit a patch for this?

I realise we were a bit hesistant (or rather I was) in the beginning,
but now that unstable has moved on from ghc 6.2.2, it's time to switch.

I wasn't sure how to provide the functionality from Magnus Jonsson's
patch or if System.Process already does something similar.

Sat Oct  7 00:26:30 CEST 2006  Magnus Jonsson <magnus at smartelectronix.com>
  * Added rigorous error checking in exec
  All lowlevel C return values are checked and turned into
  exceptions if they are error codes. In darcs main
  ExecExceptions are caught and turned into error messages
  to help the user.

Could you have a look?

--
Eric Kow                     http://www.loria.fr/~kow
PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9         Merci de corriger mon français.