[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Use System.Process under Unix. (and 1 more)

Eric Kow eric.kow at loria.fr
Mon May 7 12:35:43 PDT 2007

This takes a breaking-eggs-to-make-omlette approach where the eggs are
the rigorous error checking by Magnus Jonsson, and the omlette is
vastly simplified code.

I was actually just poking around trying to see if this helps with the
SSH control master issues (empirical informatics).  Alas, it does not.
But maybe having the simpler code is better in the long term.

Note that I've left ExecException and the corresponding catch code in
there. It may be worth taking out if we are no longer using it.

Any comments?

Note also the upgrade to System.IO and hopefully consistent use of
Control.Exception.bracket instead of its IO counterpart.

Thu Apr 26 21:46:15 CEST 2007  Eric Kow <eric.kow at loria.fr>
  * Use System.Process under Unix.

Mon May  7 21:25:21 CEST 2007  Eric Kow <eric.kow at loria.fr>
  * Modernise imports of System.IO.

  Note that some try/bracket/etc are now imported from Control.Exception.