[darcs-devel] [issue468] darcs + ext2ifs (WinXP) = Crash

Frank McIngvale bugs at darcs.net
Mon May 28 10:32:21 PDT 2007

New submission from Frank McIngvale <fmcingvale at gmail.com>:

I have an ext2 filesystem where I store my repositories, and I'm it sharing
between Linux and XP on a dual-boot system. The drive is being shared via
Ext2IFS (http://www.fs-driver.org/). This is causing Darcs to crash:

('M:' is the Ext2 filesystem mounted into XP with http://www.fs-driver.org/)
M:\> md TEST

M:\> cd TEST

M:\> edit aaa

<Create some trivial content>

M:\> darcs init

M:\> darcs add aaa

M:\> darcs record -a -m init

<Darcs prompts for email address, then ...>

darcs: ./aaa-0: renameFile: already exists (File exists)

After this, "darcs w -ls" continues to show:

A ./aaa

So I cannot check-in "aaa".

I suspect its a problem with darcs (maybe unexpected semantics of Ext2IFS?),
since I've used svn, bzr, and mercurial in the same scenario with no issues,
but I'm sending this to the author of Ext2IFS as well.

frank

files: unnamed
messages: 1709
nosy: EricKow, beschmi, droundy, fmcingvale, tommy
status: unread
title: darcs + ext2ifs (WinXP) = Crash

Darcs issue tracker <bugs at darcs.net>