[darcs-devel] DARCS for Windows international development

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Tue May 29 16:59:12 PDT 2007

On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 05:27:24PM -0700, Paul Schauble wrote:
> I do international software development for Windows. This means I have a
> bunch of source files in Unicode/UTF-16LE.
>
> At present, DARCS does not handle this format, except as a pure binary
> file.
>
> Would it be practical to add UTF-8 and UTF-16BE and LE formats with full
> diff/merge support?
> Is this something the developers would be interested in doing?

It would be practical, but I don't know of any developers that would have
time to do so.  It wouldn't even be particularly hard, I suspect, the
trickiness would all be in handling the line endings, since darcs doesn't
do anything with the contents of lines (unless you use replace, which might
be broken).
Department of Physics
Oregon State University