[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Count number of times the --verbose and ... (and 4 more)

Eric Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 20:45:00 UTC 2007

Here is an attempt at implementing a commute progress meter.  It lets
you create an arbitrary number of named counters.  If you increment a
counter, and it was the last counter incremented, it will write over the
same line.  Otherwise, the counter will appear on a new line.

The code is just a proof of concept, so don't expect to see it in an
official repository anytime soon.  Carges of amateurishness and
crappiness in all forms shall be gratefully accepted, doubly so if
you volunteer to fix the code.

I suspect that the main reason we never implemented commute counters is
perfectionist inertia: we wanted to do it right, so we never got it
done. Maybe having a completely wrong implementation will help us to
overcome this inertia.  That said, I cannot work on this right now, so
please step right up!

----------

Mon Nov  5 00:42:19 CET 2007  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Count number of times the --verbose and --quiet flags are passed in.

Mon Nov  5 00:43:30 CET 2007  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Add a new 'debugMode' global variable.

Mon Nov  5 00:46:11 CET 2007  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Set global debugMode flag on -v -v -v

Mon Nov  5 21:19:01 CET 2007  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Add some more debug functions.

  The debugCounter function lets you output named progress counters in
  debug mode.

Mon Nov  5 21:25:54 CET 2007  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * [issue72] Show commute progress.