[darcs-devel] Tests on Mac

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Mon Nov 12 15:20:24 UTC 2007

On Sat, Nov 10, 2007 at 05:45:59PM -0700, Richard Giraud wrote:
> When I build darcs on Mac OS X then run `make test', most of the tests
> fail.  Should I file a bug on this?  IS it something that I should look
> at fixing?
>
> I couldn't find any history on this issue in the usual locations, so I
> thought I would ping the dev list before going too far.  I'm quite happy
> to help out if can.

We'd welcome help.  Try running darcs check instead of `make test'.  It
darcs check (with test) works, then Eric's suspicicions are probably on
track, and it's something in your environment.  If it's the DARCS
environment variable, then it's a feature (allowing you to run the test
suite with a different darcs, which can be useful), and you just need to
fix that before running.  If it's something else, perhaps we need to
cleanse the environment a bit before running.
Department of Physics
Oregon State University